Welcome To My Ponzi Scheme
Welcome to my Ponzi Scheme.
Well, not mine, really. I guess it may have originated with WordPress or with some blogger from the stone-age blogger days.
It’s the VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD!
I am actually very happy to have received it, because it means that other bloggers like what I write. And that is amazing.
In particular, two bloggers nominated me in the same week: What I Meant 2 Say and If I Were Brave. Both these blogs are terrific and worth checking out. Plus they know how to write, and so I am delighted that they think I can write too.
Being an accountant, I did the math however. If one blogger has to nominate 15 bloggers, and those 15 each nominate 15… well, it only takes FIVE iterations before the number of bloggers who have been nominated total 759,375. That pretty much covers all of WordPress. Twice.
So it’s sort of like when all the kids get a trophy in T-Ball.
On the other hand, there’s nothing wrong with getting a trophy in T-Ball. It still feels really good. And the Versatile Blogger Award feels really good too. So thank you.
As part of this award, I am supposed to nominate 15 other bloggers. And I’m delighted to pass on this award. However, I am trying to work with WordPress to get my links to work in the body of my blog…with no luck. But my blogroll works, so check out the list on the bottom of this page. These folks are worth reading.
Now onto Step 2 of the Versatile Blogger Award. I get to talk about myself. There’s nothing I like better. I am required to mention seven things about myself that my readers may not know.
1. I am completely (and adolescently) in love with James Taylor. Actually, you may already know this because I take every opportunity to mention him.
2. My secret ambition in life is to solve some famous unsolved crime. Lizzie Borden, Jimmy Hoffa, Jack the Ripper. Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong? When someday they have an answer, look for my name.
3. I’ve done two things in my life that will never be repeated by another human being again. I flew to Europe on the Concorde and I attended a meeting at the top of the World Trade Center.
4. I wish I had been sluttier in college. I was a very studious kid. I wish now I had more fun. After all, antibiotics are quite effective.
5. I sing extremely well. I have a spectacular voice. No one else shares this opinion. I don’t understand why they are not hearing the same thing that I am. I think it is envy.
6. I’m a one-upper. I have an uncontrollable tendency to try and top every story I hear with one that is funnier, scarier, crazier, etc. It’s a sickness.
7. Despite the fact that I haven’t gotten every little thing I ever wanted in my life, and in fact, lost out on some of the big things too, I am the happiest person I know.
And now I have a Versatile Blogger Award.